Nominations for three seats on the MANRS Steering Committee are now open! The nomination period continues until 28 October 2023, 23:59 UTC.
Seats currently held by Arnold Nipper, Arturo Servin, and Nick Hilliard are available. Members of the Steering Committee may serve for a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms, and all three incumbent members are eligible to run again.
Run for Election
If you would like to volunteer yourself or nominate someone else to take a leading role in improving the resilience and security of a critical component of the Internet infrastructure, please fill in the nomination form by 28 October.
Everyone is eligible to serve on the Steering Committee – MANRS participation is not required.
Get Ready to Vote
MANRS participants will vote online from 31 October to 2 November 2023. Each participant may submit one ballot.
If your organization is a MANRS participant, make sure you know who your voting representative is and update information as needed. Log into your MANRS Observatory account and check your profile (in the top right of the screen). It will tell you if you’re the primary contact for your organization, or who it is if it isn’t you.
About the Steering Committee
The Steering Committee comprises individuals elected by the MANRS community to coordinate and develop the MANRS initiative. It holds quarterly meetings, and its duties include:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the MANRS community about the MANRS Actions and minimum conformance criteria.
- Supervising the auditing process for new applicants, including making decisions on applications where conformance with the established criteria is marginal or unclear, or where unanticipated circumstances occur that are not covered by the documented auditing process.
- Handling the appeals process from applicants who have been refused approval.
- Making recommendations to the MANRS community on the suspension and termination of organizations from MANRS participation that fail to meet the minimum conformance criteria.
- Supervising the incident handling processes.
- Appointing MANRS Advisors, Mentors, and Ambassadors who can offer specialist advice or act as liaisons with other important communities.
Key Election Dates
- Call for Nominations: 1 to 28 October 2023
- Online Election: 31 October to 2 November 2023
- Results Announced: 8 November 2023
If you have any questions about the process, please let us know.