About the Steering Committee
The Steering Committee will have seven (7) positions, and the Call for Nominations will open on 1 October 2021, remaining open until 23:59 UTC on 28 October 2021.
Anyone is eligible to serve on the Steering Committee, including current members of the Advisory Group. Prospective candidates from MANRS participants may nominate themselves. Candidates from other companies or organizations are welcome to apply but must be nominated by a MANRS participant.
Steering Committee Responsibilities
The role of the Steering Committee is to coordinate and develop the MANRS initiative. Members will hold regular meetings once per quarter, and the duties of the members include:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the MANRS community about the MANRS Actions and minimum conformance criteria.
- Supervising the auditing process for new applicants, including making decisions on applications where conformance with the established criteria is marginal or unclear, or where unanticipated circumstances occur that are not covered by the documented auditing process.
- Handling the appeals process from applicants that have been refused approval.
- Making recommendations to the MANRS community on the suspension and termination of organisations from MANRS participation that fail to meet the minimum conformance criteria.
- Supervising the incident handling processes.
- Appointing the MANRS Advisors who can offer specialist advice or act as liaisons with other important communities.