- Network ASNs63528 63529
- IX-F IDs587
Implementation of MANRS Actions
- Action 1: Filtering of Route Announcements Our policy is documented here: https://bknix.co.th/en/rsfiltering
- Action 2-1: Offer assistance to its members to maintain accurate routing information in an appropriate repository (IRR and/or RPKI) We give our members where they can update their objects and how to update those correctly. Additionally, we point out some good examples, how to retrieve policy from other and on the other hand, how to define their own policy as well, finally, how IRR and RPKI can fulfil each other to gain the security to the Internet.
- Action 2-2: Offer assistance in implementing MANRS ISP Actions for the members We help promote MANRS through member meetings which will be held 2 times a year. Besides, We invite the distinguished speaker, Aftab Siddiqui to introduce and promote MANRS in BKNIX Peering forum.
- Action 3: Protect the peering platform Single MAC Address per port This will help gain the security and limit the risk of loop in the network Allowed ethernet types 0x0800 - IPv4 0x0806 - ARP 0x86dd - IPv6 Unicast traffic only - Multicast or Broadcast is not allowed unless it is Broadcast ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) or Multicast IPv6 ND (Neighbour discovery) No proxy ARP [RFC1027] No ICMP Redirects No directed broadcast L2 ACL limit the MAC Address learned by switch drop any other frame which does not match the configured source MAC address
- Action 4: Facilitate global operational communication and coordination between network operators Facilitate the mailing list [[email protected]] to the network operators who connected to BKNIX and help deliver message to others not in BKNIX including local Network Operator Group (ThaiNOG).
- Action 5: Provide monitoring and debugging tools to the members IXP-Manger for Members portal and also Request-Tracker (RT) Generic Opensource network monitoring : Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, Smokeping LibreNMS, Rancid Finally, In-house software to integrate all the information that does not specific in the previous tools we use.
Why BKNIX Supports MANRS
Securing the Internet can not be made by one man but everyone should works hand in hand with each other and MANRS can significantly stimulate the community to contribute to the more secure Internet. Please join MANRS !!