This workshop is a free online course that teaches you about the basics of routing security, how to avoid common routing issues, and how MANRS will help you collaboratively secure the global routing table.
Who is the workshop for?
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) engineers and network operators
- Internet Exchange Point (IXP) community members
- Research and education network community members
What will you learn?
By the end of the workshop, you will understand:
- The four MANRS actions for network operators: filtering, anti-spoofing, coordination, and global validation
- The various Internet Routing Registry (IRR) objects used to document network information, and
- How to apply filtering on a network to conform with MANRS
What do you need to take part?
- Internet connectivity
- A laptop/computer
- A modern browser
- A headset for the online calls
You can take part in the training individually or as part of an organized group.
You can start the online tutorial anytime and work your way through the six modules at your own pace.
Please note, individual training does not include additional live support or training in a virtual environment. You can, however, contact us with your questions.
Taking place over a three-week period, the group workshop combines self-paced modular learning with an opportunity to practically apply MANRS principles in a virtual environment. Participants are expected to dedicate around an hour each weekday to the workshop.
You’ll have access to our e-learning platform where you’ll find all the course materials. At the end of each week, we’ll have a video call where you’ll be able to ask any questions and meet other participants. You’ll also be part of a Telegram or WhatsApp group where you can ask workshop-related questions at any time.
- Module 1 – Introduction to MANRS
- Module 2 – IRR, RPKI and Peering DB
- Module 3 – Global Validation
- Module 4 – Anti Spoofing
- Module 5 – Filtering
- Module 6 – Coordination
Group workshops also include:
- Hands-on lab
- Course wrap up
- Course feedback
To start learning about MANRS today, visit the MANRS tutorials page for more information and begin the training.
If you’d like to organize a three-week group workshop for your company, organization, or community, email [email protected] for more information.
Join the growing number of organizations that offer the MANRS workshop.
Contact us for more information and to arrange a workshop for your organization.